BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
Massage therapy addresses a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension, which, experts believe, accounts for 80%-90% of disease. Massage has been proven beneficial in treating sleep disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, low back pain, immunity suppression, spinal cord injury, autism, post-operative surgery, age-related disorders, infertility, eating disorders, smoking cessation, and depression, to name just a few. Massage has many physiological effects, such as:
- Increased circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and more efficient organ function.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle strains and aches.
- Increased flexibility and joint mobility.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic manipulation.
MASSAGE THERAPY AT RIDGE CHIROPRACTIC
At Ridge Chiropractic we are proud to have four state licensed massage therapists on staff. With over 60 years of combined experience, they offer a wide variety of techniques. Whether you are looking for a soothing and relaxing massage to wash away the tensions of life, or seeking therapeutic massage to treat a muscular/ soft tissue problem, we can help. Therapeutic massage in our office is performed in a professional yet comfortable and relaxed environment.